Reconstruction of a Venetian style in vogue in about 1570. Chiselled velvet "Palio 1", in red silk against an ivory background, hand woven by the Fondazione Arte della Seta Lisio, Florence/1991. Private collection.
Duration: two years
Enrolment deadline: 4th August 2024
Start of lessons: September 2024
Course venue: Florence, Italy
Attendance: obligatory. Full-time classes are scheduled three days a week: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Course language: Italian
Total hours: 1300 hours of which 1,060 hours in the classroom (frontal lessons and workshops) and 240 hours of professionalising activities.
Total costs: € 13.000,00
Training areas: the macro-areas of skill acquisition for the five quarters are:
- Tailoring techniques
- History of costumes and the stage
- History of the performing arts
- Self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Graphics, digital processing and communication
- English for communicating in this sector
- Safety at work pursuant to Legislative Decree 81/2008
- Case studies and expert reports
- 1 st quarter - "Propaedeutic” : “From Antiquity to the 15 th century” workshop module , 60 hours
- 2 nd quarter - " Costumes and the scene 1" : “ The 16 th and 17 th centuries” workshop module, 60 hours
- 3 rd quarter - " Costumes and the scene 2" : “The 18 th century” workshop module, 60 hours
- 4 th quarter - "Accessories" : “The 19 th century” workshop module, 60 hours
- 5 th quarter - "Museums, Teaching Methods and Conservation" : “The 20 th century” workshop module, 60 hours
The following are foreseen in each quarter:
- Training days with guest speakers during which the students will be in direct contact with specialists in the various sectors for more in-depth thematic analyses;
- Guided tours, to enrich knowledge through comparisons with museums, companies, artisan enterprises.
In the first four quarters there will also be lessons for acquiring English terminology in this sector . Courses on safety at work and entrepreneurship will bring students into direct contact with practical issues of the world of work.